Monday, October 5, 2009

It Was Only a Matter of Time

I feel the need to blog about this because for the longest time I have felt so lucky to not be affected. On Saturday I received a phone call from my credit union that fraudulent charges had been made on my debit card at a Walgreens in Lincoln, Nebraska. They called me because I had bought gas here in Colorado at darn near the same time and being the great credit union they are alerted me at once and froze my card and I thought those purchases. Unfortunately they have posted to our account so even though I know everything will be fine I have not slept much for the last 2 nights twiddling my thumbs until I can call this morning. Why do these things always happen when bills are due? I know times are tough, but... Thank you to all those out there who live honestly.

"Every act of dishonesty has at least two victims: the one we think of as the victim, and the perpetrator as well. Each little dishonesty makes another little rotten spot somewhere in the perpetrator's psyche."
Lesley Conger

No comments: