Saturday, May 31, 2008

Gratitude Day 1




My wonderful and inspiring friend Nona over at Everyday Yogini has inspired me. Each day for a month she is blogging about something she is grateful for and I am going to give it a try.

Today my husband and I went on a rather strenuous hike just short of 8 miles to a maximum of 10,876 feet. I have been struggling with knee pain. I was focusing on how much it hurt and then we stopped for a breather and I started looking around and oh my goodness! Do I really live in such a gorgeous place? I am so grateful to be surrounded by such beauty and to have a partner who also shares in my desire to get out into it. I am also very grateful for his amazing patience with me on days like today where I was ready to throw in the towel after the switchbacks in the trail would not stop. So here are a few pictures. The middle one is of me thanking my lucky stars that we had finally reached our destination: Pancake Rocks! (Picture #1) Don't they make you want to bust out the giant butter pat and mega jug o' syrup an get eating?
The last picture was an amazing tree along the trail that they have left for wildlife homes etc.
The white stripes totally look like snakes to me.
Oh! my final bit of gratitude is for having a dry pair of socks for the hike down - divine!

3 comments:

Everyday Yogini said...

Your hike sounds fabulous, G! I hope your gratitude practice is rewarding...

take care of that knee, okay?

Alpaca Granny said...

What lovely scenery! Yep, you're lucky to have a partner to hike with.

Shannon said...

Beautiful pictures!!

Those totally look like snakes!

Glad you shared an awesome hike together!