Thursday, February 28, 2008

Book meme

I have been tagged for a Book meme by Shannon or at The Cole Mine.
I have a stack of books that I have started: Cash by Johnny Cash, Hardcore Troubadour: The Life and Near Death of Steve Earle by Lauren St. John and Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim by David Sedaris. But this is the one that is closest and that I have been trying to read each night so here goes ~

Pick up the nearest book of 123 pages or more (no cheating)
Craft Inc. by Meg Mateo Ilasco. I am really trying turn my "business" Into a BUSINESS. I have read good reviews about this book, but so far- which isn't very far- it is reiterating what I already know.

Find Page 123
This page is about trade shows and being a successful vendor.

Find the first 5 sentences
This is about the benefit of positive feedback on your goods and the goal of getting orders

Post the next 3 sentences
It is unbelieveably unprofessional to call your buyer to ask them to resend an order. And don't be overzealous taking any order that comes in - be selective about who carries your products. Remember to be realistic about the lead time and the quantities you promise.
_______________________________________________
I suppose this book does get a bit more down and dirty with the business stuff. I don't envision myself doing trade shows anytime soon, but who knows~*

I am not going to tag 5 people because I will end up sending them to people who have already done it. Feel free to do this meme though drop me a note if you do so I can come look!



1 comment:

Shannon said...

You are so on your way to developing a very successful business!

Thanks for answering the meme!

:)