Monday, February 11, 2008

Great Knitting Sites


So I have been promising my newbie knitting friends a list of some of my favorite knitting websites and newsletters.
Webs - name brand yarns, lots of closeouts and sales
Knitpicks -good yarn great prices. They actually have some alpaca yarns.

Patterns etc:
Knitty
Magknits
Daily Knitter & Crocheter Kristen~ They have an extensive archive of crochet patterns and I bet they have some food in there :-)
(All of these you can sign up for e-mail updates)


Knitting Daily is the on-line newsletter for Interweave Knits Magazine which I have a subscription to drool over every time it comes in the mail.

and last but not least there is Raverly it is in Beta testing right now so they are only letting a limited # of people in at a time but it is so neat. You can keep track of your yarn and needles, projects and best of all people post the most delicious patterns. You can get on the list.

These are some of the big ones. I know there are some wonderful sites out there that I haven't even tapped. Please feel free to drop a comment and tell me what I am missing out on!

Also, I did finally finish my Fibonacci striped bag click on the link to see the Etsy listing. Carol made some fantastic buttons for me to finish this cute purse. Thanks!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

This will be so helpful! Thank you!

GreenStyleMom said...

Can't wait to check out all these sites.